Remember Skip Gates guys ? The Preezie claimed the Police " acted stupidly " by not appeasing his belligerence , and retreating from his exalted presence . His claim to fame was , no kidding , calling 2 Live Crew , ' the Cultural Equivalent of Shakespeare ' . We noted at the time , and still believe , that does not say much for the culture . It is like granting equivalence to sharial societies which laugh at Civil guarantees .
The Rap Genre to me is , reductionist , primitive . All Beat , no melody . No tune to carry the wrath , just anger at me , and pretty much everything else . The lyrics , ( somewhat short of the Bard ) , are awash in bitches , hos , violence , drugs , hatred of the Police , and honkies . Perhaps these are cultural norms in their community , but I want no part of it especially Officially . I do not want these people fouling the 1600 address . What happened to decorum there ?
It has fallen to a rapping First Lady .
Oh , did you know why she surrendered her law license ? It was either that of face prosecution for Insurance Fraud . I wonder if that was related to her $350k no show job as a Cultural Outreach Coordinator back home . No one even mentions the Rezko connections on their OWN HOUSE . This whole Chicago gang has a bouquet of corruption about them . I want all of them out of MY White House , while grudgingly admitting it is theirs too .
Oh , watching Leno tonight Mark Cuban ( owner of the Dallas Mavericks ) described a spirited Basketball discussion at a private WH lunch w Erkel . Guess who blew off an aide about Syria . ( Leno noted , ' Gee , that inspires a lot of confidence - and got a big laugh ) . This is a man who , every year fills out a 64 Team NCAA Bracket ( Grrls too ) , when the average American couldn't name 10 Teams he is knowledgeable about 128 . Point is guys he is Basket Ball obsessed in a serious way . Same deal w Rap ' stars ' apparently .
Now Michelle has a Rap album on the Turntable , and we can hardly wait to turn away in horror . We expect her production to be a ' Sharknado ' in its own right , as certainly an entire school of them has been jumped . Her Hip Hop videos are veggie centric just as you would expect from our all Arugula gal . She surrounds herself w some remarkable talent like Monifa , and Doug E. Fresh whoever they are . Also the Hip Hop MD , Ashanti , Samite , and J Rome ( who we presume is that obnoxious sports talk guy ) , Naledge , and even the rappin muslim Dr Oz . Yes , that , Dr Oz ..
Some of these songs are sure to break the billboard list w catchy titles like ' We like vegetables ' , Veggie Luv , Hip Hop Feet , Mother may I , and Hip Hop Lean .
We close w the list , and bet you can hardly wait .
1. “U R What You Eat” (Salad Bar: Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker)
2. “Everybody” (Jordin Sparks, Doug E. Fresh, Dr Oz, Ryan Beatty, Hip Hop MD)
3. “Let’s Move” (Doug E. Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins)
4. “Just Believe” (Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova)
5. “Veggie Luv” (Monifah and J Rome)
6. “Hip Hop FEET” (DMC and Artie Green)
7. “Stronger” (Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time Theater kids, and E-Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren)
8. “Give Myself A Try” (Ryan Beatty)
9. ”Jump Up” (Brady Rymer and the Little band that Could)
10. “Hip Hop LEAN” (Artie Green)
11. “Pass the Rock” (Iman Schumpert and Artie Green)
12. “Good Living” (Ashton Jones)
13. “Beautiful” (Daisy Grant and Artie Green)
14. “Change The Game” (The Happiness Club, featuring Naledge)
15. “Wanna Jump (Let’s Move)” (Paul Burch)
16. “Mother May I” (Amelia Robinson)
17. “We Like Vegetables” (Los Barkers!)
18. “Get Up Sit Up” (Babi Floyd)
19. “One Step Forward” (Samite)
Soon to be available at every school in America and at OFA as a downloadable file free w every donation of $15.95 or more to ' The Party ' . Somebody has to pay for the party you know .